If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Who we are
Our legal business name is Flaredust Studio Partnership (Studio Éclat Solaire S.E.N.C. in French) and we are located in Québec, Canada. We have a registered tax number with both the province and the country, which means residents of Canada must pay taxes on our products.
We develop websites and independent video games. Our main marketing channels are social media, email marketing, and our blog, located on this website.
Our contact information is the following:
Flaredust Studio Partnership
27 rue Hamel
J8P 1V8, Canada
+1 819 717-2350 (phone calls and text messages)
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. We may also collect information you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features, like if you open a Support Ticket.
We will ask for your consent to collect your information at each of these turns.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at the address above.
How do we use your information?
With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
We may use the information we collect from in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries
What about sensitive data?
We will not ask for sensitive information. Sensitive information includes your race or ethnicity, religious and philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, criminal convictions and offenses, information about your health, genetic and biometric data.
If you do provide us any sensitive information, we will let you know and proceed as you please. We are prepared to discard it or anonymize it as soon as possible.
How do we protect your information?
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, if you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Your rights as an individual
We respect your rights to your privacy, wherever you live in the world. You have:
- The right to be forgotten, in which you can ask us to erase and anonymize everything we have stored about you, though please note this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- The rights to restrict the use of your information, for example when you think the information is inaccurate or unlawfully held;
- The rights to object to the process of your information, such as rescind your consent to receive marketing communications;
- And the rights to access or change your information, in the case you need it transferred elsewhere easily. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
If you would like any of those done, please email us at [email protected] with your request. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your indentity to confirm the legitimacy of the request. These steps will be done on phone.
You may also use your right to complain to a data protection authority instead about our use of your PII. For more information, contact your local data protection authority.
How long do we retain your information?
For analytic purposes, we retain browsing information for 2 years.
For customers and clients, we retain the information for as long as the business exchange needs it, then we will keep it for tax purposes. When we do not need this information anymore, it will be anonymized.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
For users subscribed to our marketing communications (newsletters, blog updates), we retain the information for a year, then ask for your consent to receive our marketing emails again. If not, your information will be removed before the end of the current year.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly, such as the shopping cart. It may affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
Comments and website account
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We also collect pings to our website and register them as comments. If you own a website and refer us, and this pings our WordPress interface, then we may feature your article or your post as a response to the page you linked.
Your data is stored on our databases, except for your credit card information, which is either processed through payment gateways like PayPal or a direct bank transfer.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- woocommerce_cart_hash, unique token, sessional; Allows us to know when the cart information changes.
- woocommerce_items_in_cart, unique token, persistent for a while; Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- wp_woocommerce_session_, unique token, sessional.
No personal information is stored within these cookies.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Some links may be affiliate links. On each instance of affiliate link, we will disclose the affiliate nature either next to it, or at the end of the communication piece.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out brower add-on.
You may also use this website’s cookie consent message that should show at the bottom of the page, where you may opt-out of cookies and trackers.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use restriction:
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ads (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- The Facebook Pixel is used for Facebook Ads and Facebook Analytics. It does use private data and you will need to ask for prior consent. Facebook has also implemented flexible ways for their users to see and control how the pixel is used on partner websites.You may change your privacy settings on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
You may also use this website’s cookie consent message that should show at the bottom of the page, where you may opt-out of cookies and trackers.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- By email, if you’re subscribed to our newsletter
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of thirteen (13) years old.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. If you are under the age of consent, please contact us through [email protected] and we will provide you with a parental consent form to fill.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 3 business days
- We will notify you via phone call within 3 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email;
- and we will promptly remove you from all non-essential* correspondence.
- *note: we will keep your email in our database to reach you for important updates (such as security breaches or anything related to your account)
PO BOX 99900 VT 993 502
RPO TEMPLETON EST
GATINEAU QC J8P 0C8
+1 819 717-2350
Last Edited on 2020-01-17